The Party's Over...



...that is, if your idea of a party involves punching a timeclock and scrubs.

Day of birth was fabulously hot here in CinCity. Hubby and I had lunch at Don Pablo's on the river where the humid breeze could smooth out the 55 year old laugh lines I've accumulated.

Flowers were included and a book and gift cards. Life is truly good. Grad school starts in 21 days. I think I may still need one vaccine and I definitely need an ID, but I made it through the orientation program and I know where my classes are. On. A Map. That works.

please note: photo of Judy Holliday, star of The Bells are Ringing--movie from whence we have The Party's Over

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely birthday! Hope you have fun at Grad School!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Judy Holliday and was completely in the dark about this film. Thanks for the lead!

    And congrats on a birthday well-celebrated. I have almost three more years of those laugh lines on you and I just stick to pink light bulbs and keep on chuggin'. Speaking of which, have fun in grad school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a lovely day. I love that you've drawn it out and made it last and count.

    Nothing wrong with laugh lines, no matter how old they may be.

    Good luck in school, girlie. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy birthday! Hope you have plenty more, and that each one is better than the one before. (Wow. A little poem, that was.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for your thoughts and your time:>)

Popular posts from this blog

A Year with EB White

The Poet Goes to Indiana by Mary Oliver

Goldfinches by Mary Oliver