10 Things I Love That Start With the Letter E

Game imported from Sweet Annie at Blissful Bohemian. Name ten things you love that begin with a specific letter. In my case, the letter E. So here goes:

1. Well, first of all there's elephants. Who doesn't love those cute little faces??


And what's not to love? Elephants are actually a lot like humans. They laugh and cry. They grieve over their dead. They play games with each other and have fantastic memories so they can even remember the rules and not go to bed mad.

2. Then there's Engelbert Humperdinck, who I don't actually love and his singing's just on this side of okay, but I do love his name.

3. I luuuuuuv eggs, deviled.
Nothing fancy, just classic.

Best Basic Deviled Eggs

6 eggs, hard cooked and peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
pinch of salt (optional)
fresh ground black pepper (optional)
smoked paprika (optional)

Cut eggs in half. Arrange egg whites cut side up on a serving plate and put the yolks in a small mixing bowl. Mash yolks with fork then stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar. Mash and stir all ingredients together well. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Spoon a little bit of the mixture into each egg white half, dividing mixture as evenly as possible between the eggs. Sprinkle eggs with smoked paprika if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

Yield: 12 deviled eggs

4. Mr. Ed.


"A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed."

5. I love Eeyore.
"I'm not asking anybody," said Eeyore. "I'm just telling everybody. We can look for the North Pole, or we can play 'Here we go gathering Nuts in May' with the end part of an ants' nest. It's all the same to me."


6. Love the movie, The English Patient,

although I love the book more.
"...The desert could not be claimed or owned—it was a piece of cloth carried by winds, never held down by stones, and given a hundred shifting names before Canterbury existed, long before battles and treaties quilted Europe and the East…. All of us, even those with European homes and children in the distance, wished to remove the clothing of our countries. It was a place of faith. We disappeared into landscape..."

7. I love Albert Einstein.


8. I love and adore eiderdown.


9. I love Chapter 3 from the Book of Ecclesiates.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to get, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time of war, and a time of peace."

10. The end.

Thanks Annie:>)

Comments

  1. You're my kinda gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pooh's found the North Pole", said Christopher Robin. "Isn't that lovely?" "Is that it?" said Eeyore. "Yes", said Christopher Robin. "Is that what we were looking for?" "Yes," said Pooh. "Oh!" said Eeyore. "Well, anyhow-it didn't rain," he said

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby, where you live, with that weather, eiderdown oughta be your middle name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list exceeds my expectations. Most excellent indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list and of the ten, elephants, Einstein and Eeyore are favs of mine too :-). XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny. You guys are very funny:>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. as bill and ted might say most excellent dude(ette)

    every etem es especially exciting

    yum deviled eggs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love, deviled eggs!
    I loved Mr. Ed, which I have never seen in English! Used to watch it on French TV when I was a kid.
    I love Eeyore too, but I am more like Piglet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. It was brief entertainment for me while I battle my insomnia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for your thoughts and your time:>)

Popular posts from this blog

A Year with EB White

The Poet Goes to Indiana by Mary Oliver

Goldfinches by Mary Oliver