December's End. Forecast for Snow.



"Some people love waking to the sight of new snow. Fallen snow is fine, but I like the sight of it falling, fine as dust or so fat you can hear it land against the kitchen window. I like the tunnel of dry snow you drive through at night, the headlights blanking out a few yards ahead, and the feeling that you're driving into some abysmal vacuum. I like the ground-blizzards and the snow that slithers down the road ahead of you. What I like is the visual impairment snow brings with it, the way it obscures some things and defines others, like the wind."
                                                       ----Verlyn Klinkenborg from The Rural Life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year with EB White

10 Things I Love That Start With the Letter E

The Poet Goes to Indiana by Mary Oliver