The Return of Odysseus
by George Bilgere When Odysseus finally does get home he is understandably upset about the suitors, who have been mooching off his wife for twenty years, drinking his wine, eating his mutton, etc. In a similar situation today he would seek legal counsel. But those were different times. With the help of his son Telemachus he slaughters roughly one hundred and ten suitors and quite a number of young ladies, although in view of their behavior I use the term loosely. Rivers of blood course across the palace floor. I too have come home in a bad mood. Yesterday, for instance, after the department meeting, when I ended up losing my choice parking spot behind the library to the new provost. I slammed the door. I threw down my book bag in this particular way I have perfected over the years that lets my wife understand the contempt I have for my enemies, which is prodigious. And then with great skill she built a gin and tonic that would have pleased the very gods, and with epic patience she list...

Ah! The secret, never to be told. Love the new masthead art.
ReplyDeleteCute turkey photo. And I love the new heading too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
ReplyDeleteYou may be in cahoots with my father in law. BTW, since I cooked my turkey yesterday, all I can say is, too late!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving...don't work too hard.
Love the turkey!
ReplyDeleteLove a happy turkey!
ReplyDeletesmiles!
Happy, Happy Thanksgiving, whatever day you celebrate it. xoxo
ReplyDelete