Sunday in CinCity






Holy
The sound
The song 
The rise 
Cacophony of robin, finch 
and dove song. 
The rusty hinge of spring 
Blackbird with redwing.
Long spiteful winter
has lost her bony grip 
The red maples stiff upper lip 
is a burgeoning Cherokee red.
Mother Nature rolls out of her bed 
Like me she is sleepy and tired 
but so ready to lift her spirits high 
above the wires where the doves 
will soon align 
The best view of the sunset 
in this part of Highland county. 
And so goes the song of spring. 
Call and response
And also with you and 
also with you.

~Karin Bergquist
April 5, 2015
Easter Morning 
Porch Swing Poems


Have a visit with some of my favorite musicians and poets...

please note: photo from Melpo on her sand-grain.blog site

Comments

  1. Happy Easter!!

    I've never had children, but I imagine that my dimming memory of awful winter is similar to the supposed dimming memory of birth pangs. It was bad, wasn't it? And yet, just today, I thought, "Meh. We've had worse." Does that make me resilient, or crazy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice words today! I hope you have a delightful Sunday! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for your thoughts and your time:>)

Popular posts from this blog

A Year with EB White

10 Things I Love That Start With the Letter E

The Poet Goes to Indiana by Mary Oliver