Hup Two Three Four, Keep It Up Two Three Four






"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant...

an elephant's faithful--one hundred percent!" Theodore Seuss Greisel







I really am trying to finish The Inheritance of Loss but was waylaid this past week by the aroma of popcorn, cotton candy, and hayburners. I spent some rainy days amidst sequins and freaks. I shall get back on track in good time, for this show must go on.


Water for Elephants--The gritty glamour of the circus world in all of its ragged edges, hardness, and heart; where the value of life is measured by performance.

Quintessential Sentence(s)--"The whole thing's an illusion, Jacob," he says, "and there's nothing wrong with that. It's what people want from us. It's what they expect."

"...why the hell shouldn't I run away with the circus?"

Favorite Word--roustabout





Comments

  1. I have been looking at this book for weeks, and could not decide to buy it or not, would you say yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say yes. Better yet if you can borrow it. Want me to mail it to you?? AnnieH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for your thoughts and your time:>)

Popular posts from this blog

A Year with EB White

The Poet Goes to Indiana by Mary Oliver

Goldfinches by Mary Oliver