The Enkindled Spring

by D.H.Lawrence




This spring as it comes bursts up in bonfires green,
Wild puffing of emerald trees, and flame-filled bushes,
Thorn-blossom lifting in wreaths of smoke between
Where the wood fumes up, and the flickering, watery rushes.


I am amazed at this spring, this conflagration
Of green fires lit on the soil of the earth, this blaze
Of growing, these sparks that puff in wild gyration,
Faces of people streaming across my gaze.


And I, what fountain of fire am I among
This leaping combustion of spring? My spirit is tossed
About like a shadow buffeted in the throng
Of flames, a shadow that's gone astray, and is lost.

please note: art, Curvy Branches in Spring by Susanna Katherine




Spring? It's 50 degress and raining. Feels like November and some mornings I wake up thinking we're gonna need to batten down for another round of winter. Difficult to summon forth the heart for it until I remember we shouldn't have to. I. Hope.

Coming into the last weeks of school for this quarter, glory, glory... A presentation on near-miss injuries in firefighters(plentiful and underreported) and a PowerPoint presentation on financial reimbursement to long term care facilities(un-plentiful and overregulated). And, Miss HoneyHair graduates on the 26th. Two more mornings of carpooling and then the end to a chapter of early morning parenting that parents dislike until it's over.

And that's all my poor research addled brain can contend with for right now...

Comments

  1. I LOVE THE PORKY PIG SIGN OFF! BUT YOUR POST TODAY IS GREAT FUN! I AM SO HAPPY I STOPPED BY. I ALWAYS LIKE VISITORS SO COME ON OVER SOON! ANNE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, a breather, both from school demands for yourself and your baby. Graduation is so exciting!

    I agree with your weather perspective. I keep hoping, but a day at 80, followed by cold blustery days is doing nothing for my humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lawrence's poetry always amazes me, and I love the art!
    Congratulations on Miss HoneyHair's graduation--exciting and bittersweet. Enjoy your welcome break!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for your thoughts and your time:>)

Popular posts from this blog

A Year with EB White

The Poet Goes to Indiana by Mary Oliver

Goldfinches by Mary Oliver