Mister Creepy




The Talented Mister Ripley
by Patricia Highsmith

Will be sleeping with the hallway lights on, and tonight, the dog can sleep on the bed.

"Highsmith's novels are peerlessly disturbing...bad dreams that keep us thrashing for the rest of the night." --The New Yorker

Quintessential sentences: "Oh, I can do a number of things--valeting, baby-sitting, accounting--I've got an unfortunate talent for figures. No matter how drunk I get, I can always tell when a waiter's cheating me on a bill. I can forge a signature, fly a helicopter, handle dice, impersonate practically anybody, cook--and do a one-man show in a nightclub in case the regular entertainer's sick."

Favorite Word: giggling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year with EB White

The Poet Goes to Indiana by Mary Oliver

Goldfinches by Mary Oliver