A Remarkable Read (And Short Listed For The Man Booker Award--Does This Count For My Challenge?? I Smell A Yes.)


Mister Pip by LLoyd Jones
This book has left me speechless and returning to Chapter One to begin reading it again. It's a short little gem about a young girl growing up in the midst of a civil war on an under -developed tropical island. To give more than that...I wouldn't want to spoil the story for you.

"Lloyd Jone's spare, haunting fable explores the power and limitations of art."
--Washington Post Book World


Quintessential Sentence: "My father's family name being Pirrip, and my Christian name Philip, my infant tongue could make of both names nothing longer or more explicit than Pip."


Favorite Word: Pop Eye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year with EB White

The Poet Goes to Indiana by Mary Oliver

Goldfinches by Mary Oliver