Goldfinches by Mary Oliver
Some goldfinches were having a melodious argument at the edge of a puddle. The birds wanted to bathe, or perhaps just to dip their heads and look at themselves, and they were having trouble with who should be first, and so on. So they discussed it while I stood in the distance, listening. Perhaps in Tibet, in the old holy places, they also have such fragile bells. Or are these birds really just that, bells come to us--come to this road in America--let us bow our heads and remember now how we used to do it, say a prayer. Meanwhile the birds bathe and splash and have a good time. Then they fly off, their dark wings opening from their bright, yellow bodies; their tiny feet, all washed, clasping the air.

Nice photo... maybe it could be altered to say "B U R P " ?
ReplyDeleteAnd if the Beatles could just be persuaded to walk across the road here, then the image would really be complete...
Indeed, your people need assistance... looks like the "Leave no child behind" missed a few in spelling skills. Good luck ...
I KNEW if I looked hard enough I could find that damn missing portal!!!
ReplyDeleteYou do realize that Bmup is Turkish for "Drive Carefully," right?
ReplyDeleteHey! Furlough my a** one day a week and work quality suffers!
ReplyDelete*laughing over here*
ReplyDeleteDid you notice that the co-worker who painted the word coming in the other direction got it right?
ReplyDeleteAre you returning to the hospital?
Uhh, duh!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a laugh riot.....
Great pic.
I think it stands for Beam Me Up in text talk.
ReplyDeleteHey, I noticed that "Brains" photo on your LinkWithin. I'm proud to say that's from my home town,
That is sooooo cooool!
ReplyDeleteOh, boy. It's like the time I saw some construction workers painting the word "SHCOOL" by the park. Oops.
ReplyDelete