A Few Words About Religion
I was not raised Catholic. My family attended and had been lectured to in Presbytarian churches and for a short time, Unitarian, but I converted while in college once I started going to the old St. George's with my dorm roommate. It fit me like a glove and I felt at home there despite my ignorance of the exotic rituals and prayers everyone else knew by heart. When I say that I am Catholic I say it with the caveat that I am an American Catholic , which is to say I do not agree with everything that comes out of the Vatican. Sorry. I have no issue with homosexuality. Love is love, and people are lucky and blessed to find it wherever they find it. I believe that priests should be allowed to marry and that women should be accorded more prominent positions within the church structure. There's more, but let's just leave it that I realize the Pope is not doing a little jig everytime I open my mouth and declare I'm Catholic. For the totter to that teeter though, I've been t...
I am excited that I will be in Bend, Oregon, for a Joan Baez concert Sunday evening. It will be 40-years-and-one-day to the day since her performance at Woodstock. I hope she notes the occasion.....
ReplyDeleteAm sorry I never had a chance to see Joni Mitchell live.
Ahhh.. the envy!.... I always feel so cheated that I was born too late to have experienced these times (the 60's)... my generation had nothing to fight for, nothing to discover or be awed by......
ReplyDeleteLove Joni!
ReplyDeleteNotably, Joni Mitchell didn't actually go to Woodstock. Great to see this clip from what looks like another fun and much smaller festival at Big Sur, though...unfortunately, it's not available in its entirety on DVD, which is yet another reason to be grateful for youtube...
ReplyDeletegreat stuff, there really wasn't anyone like joni, before and after. her music is timeless, jc
ReplyDelete