I Got Some Good News and Some Bad News

First the good news, which is thanks to Lydia I was reviewed by DoYouDiggIT and they were very sweet and kind. It's always a bit of a surprise when someone comments on anything I've written and I have forgotten that it's out in the netherworld of the internet. Thank you, Lydia, for putting my name out there.


The bad news is that I read the following daily comment by Henry David Thoreau which was on my Google page this morning. I find it fraught with ominousity--Okay, I made that word up--but,can Henry read my blog?

"Nothing goes by luck in composition. It allows of no tricks. The best you can write will be the best you are."

That seems slightly pessimistic and perhaps a bit rashly judgemental. There's no "pull yourself together, man" and "tomorrow is another day" mentality going on here. Is that his opinion of my work so far and he thinks I should keep my day job? I know that not everything revolves around ME, but after all, this quote was on my personalized Google page. It's obviously there for a reason.

The winds of change are blowing across CinCity today shaking the windows and tearing through the trees. I wish it would just storm and stop with the prologue because it's all rather creepy. Can also hear the military jets flying over. Not sure why unless there's campaigning going on here in this "important battle state". Perhaps some of those mancake talking heads will want interviews with "the gal on the street." I'd best get to some street walking then. And speaking of Talking Heads...

"And she was lying in the grass
And she could hear the highway breathing
And she could see a nearby factory
She's making sure she is not dreaming
See the lights of a neighbors house
Now shes starting to rise
Take a minute to concentrate
And she opens up her eyes

The world was moving and she was right there with it (and she was)
The world was moving she was floating above it (and she was) and she was..."

As always, here's hoping for a fabulous week, and for all of us, safety from the storms.

Comments

  1. P.S. I would not take that quote too personally. You are a wonderful writer and I don't even agree with that quote :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder sometimes if we left nature alone would it leave us alone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for your thoughts and your time:>)

Popular posts from this blog

A Year with EB White

The Poet Goes to Indiana by Mary Oliver

Goldfinches by Mary Oliver